Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Gotta Love: Agendas/Planners

Hello, all! As we hit the half-way mark of July, school begins to cross our minds. And what is the best thing about another year of school? A brand spanking-new agenda. Ever since I got my first agenda in elementary school (I know call them planners) I have loved them. I have explored many brands and many options and have found my favorite. But there are so many choices! Ugh, I know! But, I'm going to try to present the best ones. 

1. Lilly Pulitzer. Of course the first thing that comes to mind is Lilly. Last year was my first year trying out a Lilly planner and I LOVED IT!! I seriously considered buying a different brand this year, one that would keep me just a tad bit more organized, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. My favorite thing about the Lilly Planners is how lively they are! I buy the "large" size. For comparison, they are about the size of a iPad, a tad smaller. I would recommend this size. My mom originally bought the "small" size which was about the size of a long, thin notepad and because of its size, she hated it. On the other hand, my next door neighbor had the "jumbo" size and I thought it was huge. It was about as big as my computer. 
Price: $17-$34 Buy them Here

The 2014-2015 Planners. 
2. Plum Planner Designs. This was the option that I almost bought instead of a Lilly. They are customizable and come in a ton of different options. They come in regular, monthly, family, teacher, student, wedding, and fitness options. You can add extra things like note pages, to-do lists, etc. There are a ton of cover options and you can even add a monogram or photograph to your cover. And for all those options, they are pretty reasonably priced. Many compare them to Erin Condren life planners. The only thing that I dislike about these is how "boring" they are. Compared to a Lilly, the actual pages can be a bit plain. However, this does leave room for your own creative hand. I simply don't have the time for that, though. I want a planner that is ready-to-go. Their customer service is great, and they're very polite. Everything is through Etsy.
Price: $16-$35 +add ons Buy them Here



3. Kate Spade. Who doesn't love a little bit of Kate in their life? Or in some people's cases, a lot of Kate Spade. She always brings us elegance and class with a pop of color and a touch of fun. Her planners are no different. The insides are very classic and elegant and the covers are classic Kate. I recently found some floating around Macy's and go to take a look at the insides of them. I have to say, I was a little disappointed. As I mentioned, I like my planners to be very lively, and while the Kate planners are very graceful, they're pretty boring on the inside. Perhaps if I was 10 or 15 years older, than I would snatch one up. But, right now these aren't for me. However, they do come in many different sizes and styles. From a filofax style to a notebook style. From a large notecard to a notebook, you can get whatever is your fancy.
Price: $14-$36 But them Here


4. Erin Condren Life Planners. I have never had the opportunity to flip through an Erin Condren. If you're curious, you can check out the website or check out videos on YouTube. However, I have heard some pretty great things about these. They seem like a good choice for those of us who take organization seriously. They are semi-customizable. There are horizontal or vertical weekly layout options. They also have interchangeable covers. There are "Ready To Ship" options, or "Create Your Own" options. They're a tad pricier than our other options, but I've would imagine they're probably worth it. Erin Condren also sells notebooks, cell phone cases,  lesson plan books, file folders and many other things. 
Price: $50-$55 Buy them Here

There are Etsy shops dedicated to making stickers and add ons for Erin Condren planners.

5. Jonathan Adler. Another option is an J. Adler planner. They have character and usually sport brightly-colored patterns. I have never used or flipped through one, but they look good. The only thing is, I couldn't seem to find and 2015-2016 ones, only 2015. Maybe they're just not out yet? Keep an eye out and maybe you'll find one. 
Price: $20 Buy them Here
Check out Paper Source or Lifeguard Press for even more options! 

Have a good day lovelies!

No comments: