1. Make peace with your past. This is important. It is something that you have to just do. Your past is always going to be there. Realize that you can't change it and learn from it. Because otherwise, you're always going to be tripping on what's behind you and you'll never be able to see what's right in front of you.
2. Call your family members, especially on their birthdays. Take the time out of your day to remind them that you do love them because they are your family. It may be annoying, they may talk your ear off about things that don't matter, like the neighbors new lawn mower, but suck it up because it is polite.
3. Learn to be a big girl and get over it. This one is a biggy and kind of fits in with number 1. Sometimes waiting for an apology is just a waste of time and energy. So, learn to accept the apology you never got. Learn to just let things go. It will make your life easier.
4. Learn to say you're sorry. When you've make a mistake, own up to it. However, don't apologize for things that you shouldn't. Like being you. But when it is something that deserves an apology, deal with the consequences and say it.
5. Learn to make at least 1 signature dish. And the same goes with drinks. Have at least 1 dinner dish that you can make. No matter if you are hosting or asked to bring a dish somewhere, you shouldn't have to pick up something pre-made if you can help it. And for drinks, know how to make your favorite drink. You should know how to mix you're own drinks. (Now, I'm not suggesting you all go to bar tending school, just don't have to rely on other people)
6. Never disparage another women for her life choices. This is important because it is all about respect. Never, ever discourage or put down a women because she chose her family over her career or visa vera. That is her choice and you need to respect it, as she should respect yours.
7. Have at least one business/professional outfit. You can never go wrong with have a universal blazer and pencil skirt. You never know when you'll need it.
8. Learn to wear a smile. When you don't feel well, when you're falling apart inside, when you didn't get enough sleep, have a smile on your face. There is a time and a place to break down or to sit on the couch with sweats and a tub of ice cream. There are times when you all you want to do is stay home, but you have to go to work or you have to go to class. When those time hit, walk with a smile. And on the other hand, no one likes a resting bitch face.
9. Say "please" and "thank you." This should be a universal rule for everyone, no matter what. Don't be that girl that asks someone to do something without saying "please." Or has someone do them a favor and not say "thank you." It's polite. It shows that you have manners. It shows that you care about people.
10. Wear your heels with a smile. You chose to wear them, do not complain. Plain and simple.