Monday, February 2, 2015

The Bell Jar

Good afternoon, my dears!

I know I promised you something almost a week ago, but when I started to type up the adventures of my very long, 6-week winter break, I felt as if what I was typing was pointless. I'm not sure why this feeling came over me, but it was a wave of indifference to what I was writing about. And since then, I haven't been able to think of what I would come up with worthy of your time.

However, currently, I am in between classes, and while I have enough time to make it to my dorm and back, I feel I will be more productive if I stay where I am and study. And yet, I am in the mood to listen to music. And its pretty hard to do one of the many readings I have to do while listening to music that is not instrumental. Normally, when I'm in this mood, I do what ever math I have to do. But I don't have my stats lecture until later today, so I don't have any math to do until then.

There are many things I could blog about. I could blog about how disappointed I was with the last 20 seconds of last night's Superbowl. I could talk about how its rush week here at Miami, which is really just amusing for me. I could talk about how I find it strange that the guy sitting across from me seems enthralled by  Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar, and how strange I find it. I could complain about the sub-par fries I had with my lunch. I could complain about how god damn cold it is. I could explain the struggle I am having finding a title for this post and how I took a page from Tyler Oakley's book and named my post after a minute detail in it. I could explain how much I dislike my english class this semester. I could numerate the struggles of being a dancer and having permanent bruises on my knees from the dance I'm choreographing for our spring showcase. Instead, I'll just do this, numerate the things I could be saying.

Come back again tomorrow for a fun surprise.


No comments: