Thursday, February 27, 2014

My Adventures in Online School Part One

Good evening my lovelies!

So, I have moved, many, many times. Switching schools just as many times. The most relevant was when I moved to Indiana the summer before 8th grade. Then I moved to Cincinnati most of the way through my Junior year. After deciding that we didn't like Cincy, we moved to Columbus. Now, I don't know what the rest of you would do in my situation, and I had a SERIOUS case of senoritis(the same case I've had since winter final freshman year). (But really, who doesn't?) And I DID NOT want to switch schools again since I was so close to graduation. So I decided that I was going to finish my year online.

And let me tell you, it has been a pain in the butt!! We started with Connections Academy, but they made enrollment VERY difficult, put everything on us, and offered no help. We were quickly approaching the deadline and we were staring a huge problem in the face. So we looked at ECOT. And they made everything pretty easy. Yesterday I set up my classes and today I actually got to start!

Now I am well aware that being excited about school makes me weird. Well, then I will embrace the weirdness! Because, I have always been one of those people who loved school. And I will admit that school its self is not fun. The getting up early and the crappy food and the pointless socialization rituals. It all seems pretty pointless to me. But the learning. That's what I love. I am one of those people who has always craved knowledge. I love the learn new things. One of the reasons I have looked forward to college my entire life is because you can learn anything you want, anything in the world is right there in front of you. (But excuse me, I'm rambling) 

It has been a strange experience and I look forward to getting up every morning, sans the annoying 6 am alarm, and taking my time to get around in the morning. Then wandering into my room to sit down at my desk and doing work as quickly or as slowly as I need to. So, my lovelies. While you are crawling out of bed before the sun is up and clawing for your coffee, I will be enjoying my nice, warm, comfy bed. Not that I'm bragging, or anything. 

To be continued...

No comments: