Sunday, March 15, 2015

Happy Birthday, Ella!

Good evening, my lovelies. Another beautiful day here in Oxford. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have had quite the productive weekend. I am covered in bruises from dance this morning, but then again, when aren't I covered in bruises from dance?

Yesterday was my little sister's birthday. She is now four years old. Wow! Four years old! Seems like just yesterday she was barely walking around on her own. Now not only does she walk, but she runs and jumps and dances. She's just about my favorite person, place or thing in the world. Watching her grow up will be on of the strangest and yet awesomest things. When I think about who I want to be and what I want to do, I think of her. I want her to be able to tell people how awesome her big sister is. 

Ella, darling,

You're young now, embrace that. Never worry about growing up. Time is unstoppable and therefore, growing up and growing old will happen without you even noticing it. Never apologize for being who you are. Those who care don't matter and those who matter don't care. One of the most difficult things to do is to accept yourself exactly as you are. And let me tell you little girl, the moment you do is the day that you're free. I love you with all my might, and I can list an endless string of people who feel the same way. Never. Ever forget that. And trust me, I will make it my life's mission to make sure that you never do. 

You have this spirit. This beautiful spirit that I hope never goes away. Much like I hope your blue eyes never go away. You have this amazing life ahead of you and I hope that you love every minute of it. Life gets scary. It gets dark and gloomy. But the best thing about it? There's a tomorrow. A tomorrow that is better. Please never forget that I and a long list of people really and truly love you. Happy birthday little girl, and many more to come.

XOXO


1 comment:

Cynthea said...

I raised an amazing girl!