Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Weirdest Thing To Ever Happen To Me

Why hello there, my little sugar plum faries! I haven't seen you in a while! (Sorry about that) I may have been gone for a while, but I am back now!

First, let's talk about the little changes to my blog. I removed the "daily quote feature" (again, sorry!) I started to neglect it and I didn't want my "daily quote" to become the "every-few-days quote". So, say goodbye to that. I also added a handy dandy (okay not really "handy") new little permanent quote. You will find this to your right and maybe up a little bit. Seriously guys, I know its long but take the time to read it. Its pretty awesome.

Secondly, I am going to say this and I promise that I am not exaggerating or using hyperbole or a colloquialism or anything like that. I. Am. Dead. Serious. And with that in mind:
Okay, so the weirdest thing happened to me the other day. And I mean the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me in my entire life. So my best friend (M) and her boyfriend (N) were sitting behind me on the bus on the way back from post prom (kings island) and they were talking about how M was going to meet N's mo when we got back into town (we had to drive 2 hours to KI.) N made a joke that M should call N's mom "Mrs. Insert Last Name Here" since she was recently divorced and N would find it funny. Since he suggested M call her by her married name, I (me--don't want you to get confused with all these initials) asked if she went back to her maiden name. And then for some reason which I don't remember (maybe because I barely had 5 hours of sleep the night before) I asked what her maiden name was. Turns out her maiden name is the same as my mom's maiden name. All three of us immediately freak out that N and I are somehow related. But after further inspection, we brushed it off because my mom grew up in Michigan, and his didn't. 
Yesterday, M texts me and says that N and I are distant cousins. One of N's cousin's(A) (whom my mom grew up with) is one of my cousins. A's grandpa and my mom's grandpa were brothers. Now, I have no idea how that translates. 2nd cousin, 3 times removed? 1st cousin, 5 times removed? 3rd cousin? I have no clue. I just know that N and I are related. Now, may I remind you that before a month ago, I have never met N in my life (that I know of.) And N and M CERTAINLY did not meet through me. 

So there you have it, the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me. Think you can top it? Until next time, my lovelies...

No comments: